By Nathan Jones
Life as we know it is about to radically change.
As you and I watch world events unfold, especially during this past week, end-time prophetic scenarios now appear ready to begin. Scriptures often tie a prophesied future event with something that will happen directly to the Jews, and all instances of these world events will directly affect Israel.
Events and outcomes:
- The United States is sadly on the brink of bankruptcy and a second Great Depression. With the loss of income comes the loss of political and military power. Because of that and depending on the outcome of the current presidential election, Israel would lose the United States as an ally and protector. Israel will be on its own.
- A U.S. financial meltdown would throw much of the world into financial suffering, resulting in world-wide poverty and famine. Countries all over the world already have hurriedly begun calling for a change from the dollar to a one-world currency and an overall world organization to manage it.
- Israel is in a disarrayed leadership vacuum. The front-runner for Prime Minister wishes upon taking power to immediately give over a lot of land to their enemies, making Israel almost indefensible.
- Syria, Lebanon, Gaza and other terror-supporting nations have rearmed and are ready to invade Israel. Syria's already moving troops along its border.
- Russia roared out of the background to consolidate their interests from Moscow through Georgia and all the way into Syrian ports. They are reaching for the Middle East oil fields and Israel.
- Iran and Russia have solidified their political ties. Iran is only months away from being nuclear-armed, ready to act on their promises of annihilating Israel.
All these world events will force Israel to act in the upcoming months. Israel will be forced either into a Psalm 83 scenario where they are under siege and forced to use maximum force against their surrounding neighbors. Or, Iran will follow through on its threats and with the help of Russia fulfill the Ezekiel 38-39 scenario of the Gog-Magog invasion. It will probably be both, one closely after another.
Unless God intervenes and delays what is prophetically inevitable, the world scene appears to be ready for the 7-year Tribulation; a time Jesus said will be "such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall." In fact, Jesus said it will be so terrible that if it were not stopped at the end of seven years, it would result in the destruction of all life (Matt. 24:21-22).
For the believer in Christ, this life change may mean some suffering in the short term, but believers will be spared God's wrath and the Tribulation by first being taken up to be with Jesus in heaven (John 14:1-4; Rom. 5:9; 1 Cor. 15:51-52; 1 Thess. 1:10; 5:9).
Because the Rapture of the Church looks so close, I'm releasing a blog entry tomorrow titled "Jesus Came. What's Next?" It is Lamb & Lion's message to those left behind. I encourage you not only to forward and give out as many copies as possible to those you know haven't accepted Jesus as Savior, but you can use it as a "left behind" message using You've Been Left Behind.
Our waiting is almost over. Jesus is coming back to reign!